Sunday 20 May 2012

A Single Window Frame

I started Amelia's quilt! She's one in August, so I thought I'd give myself lots of time, in the vain hope that it might be done in time for Christmas. Maybe. (Hubby's birthday quilt was finished nearly two months late. He did snuggle under it on his birthday, but I don't want to let my niece stick herself with the sharp pins. Hubby is old enough to look after himself)

Progress so far:

It's a little wonky, but we'll pretend that it's a lovely, old, Grade II listed window frame rather than a plastic-y new PVC frame.

The pattern is Kitchen Window from Oh Fransson's! Practical Guide to Patchwork, which I know that I've mentioned before but I think it's fabby.

The prints were from a bundle from Eclectic Maker which they no longer have in stock, and I'm ashamed to say that the only one I can remember is the Modern Whimsy Strawberry Circles. The sashing is Klona Ash from the lovely Backstitch, and I've got Klona Pale Pink to use as the other neutral. I've hoping that it's girly enough for a toddler, but not too girly that she'll grow out of it too soon.

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty mix of fabrics! I love this pattern, I made one for the kidlets bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prints look great. The colours are perfect for a toddler, she'll be able to keep it for long after =D

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!