Wednesday, 31 July 2013
Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Katy's triangle city class wasn't very productive either, as I spent so long giggling at the various stories, which are definitely not suitable to repeat!
And Trudi's FMQ class was very helpful, and I was really pleased by how much progress I made by the end, esp once we'd sorted the tension issues. Just need to figure out the right settings for my machine now!
I also donated my finished Siblings Together quilt, but more about that next time.
The absolute best bit of the weekend was the social aspect and chatting with so many lovely ladies (and John!) I'm exhausted now, but luckily have only got one more working day before the summer holidays, then mat leave. Can't wait - I've got so much sewing to do!
Monday, 15 July 2013
1) trying to tie off all the loose threads on my Siblings Together quilt in 30+ degree heat, and wondering if I need to label it (should I?)
2) wondering where on earth I saved the class schedule / equipment list / that wadding that I bought.
3) trying to finish all my marking so that I don't have to do it next Sunday.
4) contemplating how many pregnancy and heat friendly clothes that I own - enough to get through this week and look presentable this weekend?
5) getting v excited / nervous / excited in an almost unstoppable, viscous circle!
Sunday, 7 July 2013
All of a sudden, it's July and FQR os very nearly here. I'm totally unprepared (I can't even remember what classes I've signed up for, never mind getting materials ready!) However, I have a few free evenings this week which I've put aside for prep, starting with this post.
If you've not been here before, hello! My name's Sarah but I will respond to Sarah Lou or Little Sarah (because a. it's my full name and b. I'm 5 foot nothing.)
I'll be wearing this rather snazzy name tag from molsig and losing my balance because of this bump. I'm blaming baby brain for a lot of my forgetfulness and general uselessness, but the truth is I'm really quite scatty anyway!
You'll also probably see me working on a bit of crochet - I went to a great class at Love 13 and I am hooked (not a deliberate pun, honest!)
Please come say hi if you see me, I am wavering between v excited and v nervous!
PS - hope the photos come out ok, am trialling the Blogger App as the computer's been on the blink.