Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Finished Siblings Together quilt

I realised that in the rush to get it finished in time for FQR, I didn't share the finished ST quilt,  so here's a few photos. 

I used my stash of Echo and a few pieces of Bella, along with some coordinating solids (mix of Kona and Klona I think...) I took these pics in quite a rush on the Thursday night, so the colours aren't very true to life unfortunately.

The block pattern was based on a tutorial from Fresh Lemons' Summer Sampler Series.  I tried to be clever and was intending to have solid on point squares in just one colour in each corner, but I didn't think it through thoroughly so I ended up with something of a harlequin effect!

The backing is the ubiquitous Ikea numbers print, and I quilted it with a squarish spiral effect.  The last few lines on the far side become gradually further apart - mainly because I was really close to running out of thread!

Hopefully it'll go to someone who'll love it :D


  1. I love the harlequin effect Sarah, it is a wonderful quilt I am sure it will be much cuddled.

  2. What a lovely quilt. That will be cherished. Blimey you cut it fine with the low thread. Glad it all came good!

  3. it's gorgeous!! I love the different tones :)

  4. Another fab one in the huge pile xxx

  5. I remember seeing this one, it is wonderful.


Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!