Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Eve Resolutions

Happy NYE! I can't believe how quickly this year, and particularly this holiday, has flown.
I received some really thoughtful and beautiful gifts, including a hand knitted mug cosy and homemade sweets! My MIL also got me a bundle of fabric and buttons and beads which I loved!
I think our homemade gifts went down well too, even though I did have to hand finish them when the machine went puff.


Decorations made for a friend who couldn't find blue ornaments that he liked. In the rush, I didn't take any photos of the rest of the presents that I made - dafty!

Anyway, here are my aims and thoughts about the coming year - if I write them down here I've got more chance of keeping them!

1. Stop procrastinating and get the machine fixed!

2. Make something for myself, as everything I've made so far has been given away. I'm thinking about making a case for my kindle like this.

3. Make something for Hubby for our second wedding anniversary in April - hopefully a version of the Dead Simple QAL from http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/

4. Have another go at a cushion and get the backing right this time! Thanks for the helpful suggestions last time to fix the bodge I made of my hexie panel cushion, the velcro did work.

5. Get nice camera so I can take decent pictures of my triumphs and disasters rather than using my phone!

I wonder how many of these I'll be able to actually tick off in a years time....
Oh and I should add in resolution number 6 which gets made every year and never kept - get fit and get some work-life balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!