Thursday 28 August 2014

Butcher's apron for the family baker

I really don't know why I've been stalling on this for so long, this apron was a really quick and satisfying finish.



Dad asked for a butchers apron months ago, and in fact I think it was on my first FAL list as it was supposed to be his Father's Day present. He requested a navy and white stripe fabric, and I found this heavyweight fabric in Rolls and Rems in Edmonton for £4/m - bargainous!



I added straps made from measuring tape print ribbon - chosen by Mum and perfect for a draughtsman.



Dad has always been enthusiastic about science, so I thought this print would do nicely for a little secret pocket lining.



I'm looking forward to our next baking session - his lemon drizzle cake is legendary!

2 comments:

  1. The perfect present! Lemon drizzle cake sounds like the ideal thank you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!