Friday 6 June 2014

The first item for my new sewing room wall: Starburst

As mentioned before, we're in the midst of moving home. What I may not have told you is that I'm going to have half the spare room / loft conversion as my very own sewing room!


Job number one (in my head anyway....) is hanging some mini quilts, and this little one will be the first up on that wall.  


I started this in January 2013, and finished it right at the end of Q1, although the phone photos I took were rubbish, hence why I'm sharing again. The pattern is Six White Horse's Lone Starburst paper pieced, and the fabric a mix of my Simply Solids Stash Crew, and various scraps and bits from swaps.


I hand quilted and machine quilted this for the texture  although this means that it sits quite proud. Nothing that a few drawing pins won't fix!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and how exciting to be able to get your own sewing space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I wouldn't do for my own sewing space :-(

    Yours will look beautiful if this hanging is anything to go by x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's lovely. I share my sewing space with our spare room (and my sewing table with the computer!). I couldn't do without it!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!