Monday 28 October 2013

A Noteworthy Kaleidoscope Quilt



I love the Noteworthy line from Sweetwater - like everything they make,  it has a lovely tone to the colour scheme and the designs are cute but not too cute.  It's quite neutral too with a good mix of "boy" and "girl" colours, so when we learnt that I was pregnant and decided not to find out the gender, Noteworthy seemed perfect.


Having decided that I really liked this line and wanted to make a baby blanket,  I started to look for a pattern.  As soon as I saw the Kaleidoscope pattern in Issue 12 of Fat Quarterly,  I knew that it was perfect - nice and easy,  the perfect size and  charm pack friendly,  so that I could use the full range.


This came together quite quickly,  despite having to trim lots of HSTs. I had some help from Mum with the pressing,  but she refused to take any responsibility for cutting!
 

The backing is a large piece from the same line, as is the binding. Basting this at 38 weeks pregnant proved to be absolutely impossible,  so I asked Emily to do it for me,  and she managed an incredibly quick turnaround.


A quick bit of swirly quilting later with some help from Instagram people and it was pretty much done,  bar a quick label. And with the quilt finished,  it's owner could arrive - and he's been keeping us very busy ever since!

Linking up with the Blogger's Quilt Festival - Baby Quilt category
 
AmysCreativeSide

9 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet quilt! I love the cute, eeny baby on it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous but the little person lying on it is even more gorgeous Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetwater does such nice lines! It's really hard not to fall in love with such a sweet quilt, especially with that cutie-pie rolling on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern with these fabrics, and your baby is so cute on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious quilt, extra precious baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realised i hadn't left you a comment to say congratulations and he looks so adorable on that beautiful quilt! :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely quilt, colors soft and gentle for baby.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness!! Congratulations new mommy!!! such a perfect quilt for your new little master. I love how the pattern changes depending on how i look at it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!