Saturday 1 June 2013

Posy Geranium Dress

Thanks for all your kind wishes on my last post!  I am regaining some of my energy to sew again - unfortunately sewing is quite painful!


Anyway, if your memory is good enough, you might remember that I was working on a Geranium dress over Easter for my friend's little girl on her 4th birthday.

I did manage to finish the dress whilst we were in Cornwall (weather was horrendous!) but I didn't manage to summon the energy to blog about it, so here goes.

Had some slight mishaps in the making, despite having made one before - I sewed the bodice and skirt together inside out - twice!

The notched neckline wasn't quite as notched as I intended - perhaps because I forgot to take the interfacing to Cornwall so had to use an extra layer of fabric as emergency- interfacing!


Here's the little lady in her birthday dress, far too busy to stand still for photos


She liked the "flutterby" sleeves!


 And no, I didn't add an underlayer, she just decided that she wanted to wear two pink dresses :-)


And the last thing about this dress that made me go "squeee!":

2 comments:

  1. The dress is lovely Sarah. The flutterby sleeves are the icing on the cake!


    Hope you find some of that missing energy soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!