Saturday 12 April 2014

The Honest List

Part of the power of the FAL ably hosted by Katy at The Littlest Thistle is the accountability - at the end of the quarter, I'll have to fess up to what I've finished (or not!) Last time I was quietly cautious with list - this time I'm linking up everything that's eligible.

I wrote this list a few nights ago, when the boy was asleep and I was staring at the ceiling (first time ever!) but some of these projects are still in my head. Here's the list of WIPs that are at least at the fabric / pattern chosen stage.

1. Cushion for my new nephew - fabrics picked, this will be another Economy Block cushion
2. Crochet blanket - carried over from Q1
3. St Louis 16 patch - I finished this top during Q1, and have the fabric picked out for the backing and binding
4. Giant Star Quilt - 4 of these are needed at some point, and I've had the fabric for ages, so hopefully there'll be some progress during Q2
5. Blanket for baby H - I'm going to use the yellow chevron fabric that I bought last year for a swap but couldn't use - maybe with a minky backing?
6. Quilt for the little man - every else is getting one! I've got lots of novelty prints and I'm planning to use the Picture Box pattern from SewFairyFace
7. Apron for Dad - needed for his Father's Day present, he wants a butcher's style apron, I'm going to use a Martha Stewart pattern
8. Hub's tshirt quilt - I found this buried in the WIP pile,  half pieced - I'm quite tempted to unsew some of it
9. My sampler Cuzco quilt - I made 3 blocks last year and would love to finish
10. Liberty DWR EPP quilt - made from fabric inherited from Hub's grandma, I've got the EPP papers ready. I think this might be my new car project when the crochet is finished
11. Scout camp blanket - a never ending project in reality, but it'd be nice to get it up to date with the pile of badges from the last few years sewn on

Amongst all this, we're in the process of selling our house - but I'm also going back to work in September, so this is probably my best chance of a very productive quarter!

8 comments:

  1. That's a big list! I'm not brave enough to admit to all of my WIP's, I stopped at five. I've just backed a baby quilt with Minky (bought on the cheap from Tesco) for the first time. It was scary but the result was a lovely drape and very snuggly and soft - give it a try. Good luck from a half-southerner in the north-west x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with that monster list! Although in the bottom picture it doesn't look half so bad as when you read about it all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that is a list and a half! Sounds like you have lots of lovely projects to keep you busy over the next few months though, the Liberty EPP DWR quilt sounds intriguing (and time consuming!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to put all my Wips on every quarter but just got demoralised with my lack of progress. I hope you do a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck - you're certainly not going to be short of something to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made quilts for 5 of his friends before the wee man got his. I like to think he appreciated it more cos he was a wee bit older #whatever. Go easy on yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I with you on the honesty and transparency of our lists and wip's. Being accountable and doing it publically just seems to jar me back to reality and is also a proper kick up the bum to get going.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think, I <3 comments!